The Palo Verde Historical Museum Society, located at 150 N. Broadway, displays many artifacts collected over the years and connects them to Blythe’s history. The museum has been closed for the summer but will reopen the first weekend of November for Homecoming. There are all types of displays in the museum, one of which is the Yellow Jacket Hall of Fame where three athletes are inducted every year at homecoming. The museum was originally founded in 1981. The building the museum is now in was originally a bank in 1957 and was donated to the museum by Warren and Margret Port in 1991. The museum is run by a board of seven local directors and is funded by the community. The purpose of the museum is to collect, preserve, and display items related to Palo Verde Valley history.